Friday, August 8, 2008

Blue Belle

I have my "Happy Face" on tonight as we call it. I have been wanting to make this skirt for Belle forever. I haven't the time. I wanted more than anything for her to wear it at her birthday party tomorrow. I haven't even cleaned for the party yet, I managed to squeeze in a few hours to make this today for her. I couldn't be happier. This is how determined I was to finish this skirt for her for the party. We were both up this morning at 6 am. I was finishing the pattern on the floor of her room while she played Barbies, and I would cut in every once in a while and be the "daddy" (Ken). Then as soon as she went down for a nap, I was able to sew up a storm, very therapeutic for me with such a long week behind us. I even was able to rummage through Grandmother's button box for a special button. I hope this fits the little gal. The waist is not elastic, and has to be perfect. Belle still has such a toddler belly. She will wear the skirt with a petticoat that was my mother's when she was Bella's age. It is a little short, but who cares. It is beautiful, and appears to also be handmade. Now to decide what top she will wear with it......


3 comments:

jnguyễn said...

Oh! Happy Birthday Bella!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad you were able to make this skirt for her in time heehee! Have fun at the party!

Sara said...

Julie!

Thanks girl! You have a great weekend too!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! Happy Birthday to Bella.