Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Swing Top

My latest venture, this airy "swing top." I love to show pieces that are a work in progress, show how raw things look, before the final finishing touches.

Since my child won't wear clothing anymore, I am on a mission to create something for her that is light, breezy, and hey, maybe she won't even notice she is wearing. Today I had fun experimenting with this fabric I have had for awhile. It is very sheer, a dream to wear, so it seems. I can't decide weather to leave this top sleeveless, put a tiny ruffle sleeve, or maybe even an elasticised sleeve. Nevertheless, I plan to launch my attack on a certain unsuspecting someone when she rises from her nap (to try it on, and decide)......

5 comments:

The Gensons said...

Wow, your clothes are beautiful. I was just browsing blogs and stopped at yours. I asked my hubby for a sewing machine for Chirstmas. I got it, but haven't used it. I'm too scared. Where do you start?

Your daughter is also beautiful. I have a 2.5 year old and 6 mo. old. Both girls.

I live in New Mexico, another thing about your blog that caught my eye.

my blog is attyandlilly.blogspot.com

Sara said...

What nice comments you left. I would love to chat with you about sewing, my passion....

Our property is very near Quemado NM. Not many people know where that is since it is such a small town.

Checked out your blog, love it! Your girls are so adorable! They really are beating the heat! Bella would love a baby sister...

Laura said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Sara! Why don't we need more summer clothes?? Wish that it got hotter here in the Bay Area. Okay, maybe not.

Unknown said...

A comment from one of your most fanatic customers: that top is superb! Either as raw as it appears now or in any other stage your talented mind can conceive!
I am so sorry I still had no time to send you pictures of Agata wearing your clothes, but honestly I hardly find the time to make the pictures, not to mention save them and send them. But I will do it, sooner or later.
You are the best!

Sara said...

Your girl's encouraging comments made my morning. Thank you! No, Laura, cherish your weather, oh my goodness! It is 115 degress here! We have been indoors all week! AHH! I promise to have a super fall collection out. hehehehe!
Claudia, I can't wait to see that little cherub in her cute clothes. I bet she looks simply devine!