Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain or Shine

Yesterday we paid visit to the Phoenix Zoo. Something we frequent in the nicer months. Bella loved seeing the animals, never before had I seen them so active. It was probably the nicest day of the year so far. The lions were actually out roaming around attempting to "hunt" any innocent bird that flew their way.

It was the second to last nice day of the season for us here in Phoenix, (today being the last). It was cloudy all day, then rained the last part of the day. What a blessing for us here in the Estrella Mountains, we never get rain. The hills seem to block all precipitation from reaching us. Some find that magical, others, like me find it tragic.

Right now, as I type this, Bella is in the backyard in her "swimming pool" playing in the mud/rainwater that has collected there overnight. It is simply a small plastic turtle that is a sandbox. We converted it into a pool when her grandfather built a magnificent gazebo sandbox for her by hand. I don't hold her back, so what, she gets muddy and wet. Cold as well, but she loves to be free, naked running amok. I grew up on a small farm for half of my childhood, and these are the memories I have, ones I am trying to create for her, here in suburbia- ville.


Zoo right next to airport, free entertainment, why didn't we just sit in the parking lot and watch the planes for free? Bella swing! She says...
Poor goat, just trying to get some shuteye, all the kids kept pestering him....Sounds kinda like me!

No comments: