Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fresh Picks



Another custom, what fun! I love this apples and pears fabric, and so does the mommy that ordered these fun bloomers. I was put to the test, working with "minky" fabric showed to be a bit challenging. Hard to press, and slippery at times. I have hardly any experience working with fabric with so much "pile". It felt like a soft teddy bear while handling it. All and all, I think they turned out rather nice! Totally all girl...
One other challenge Bella and I faced this week was a angel food cake. We made it from scratch, it took us awile just to make the batter. I have this nonstick angel food cake pan that someone gave me, I placed it in the pan, halfway through baking (no I didn't open the oven door) it collapsed. I took it out of the oven after the time alotted, and it wasn't cooked all the way. Any bakers out there that would like to lend me some tips, that would be peachy. I love this kind of cake, and would like to be able to make one successfully! This is the second time we have attempted a cake like this. Maybe the non-stick pan?

No comments: