Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Heirloom Baby Collection




I am really excited, I have been sewing for my neice Gracie, she is due on Bella's 3rd birthday. I haven't sewn hardly anything for babies. When Bella was this small, I was too tired to even think about it! Now, I can have all the fun creating for Gracie. I don't just want to give her Anything. I need it to be really special. I am obsessed with all the heirloom clothing that I have in my cedar chest that my grandmother and mother gave me. This new collection of fashions is inspired by the clothing worn by my mother in the late fourties. Simple, but well made. Being able to be passed down through the generations. The styles soon to be offered in store will be able to be worn by either gender, and colors will be available that either boys or girls can wear. This collection will be the perfect baby shower gift, I will present Gracie's collection of wares to her mother at the shower that I am to host for her.

4 comments:

jnguyễn said...

Gorgeous thus far. You are a busy girl!

Sara said...

Oh my gosh Julie, You have no idea, I am just a whirlwind of ideas. Baby Gracie will be here in 2 months, leaving me nothing but inspired!!

Laura said...

Gracie is a lucky girl! This is so beautiful, Sara! Looking forward to more of this collection...it gets me in the mood for another baby! So, so sweet.

Sara said...

I am so disappointed that Bella isn't small enough to wear these! It gets me in the mood to have another baby too:)